Portable Laser Leaf Area Meter CI-202 from CID Bio-Science
The CI-202 Portable Laser Leaf Area Meter uses advanced laser technology to allow researchers a precise and convenient way to measure leaf area (or the areas of leaf-like objects). The high-resolution laser scanner, data logger, and display are all enclosed in a single, hand-held palette unit weighing under 2 Kg. Researchers can perform non-destructive measurements on leaves of living plants by simply sliding the scanner over the leaf, enabling collection of data from the same plant, or even the same leaf, throughout its life span. Precise leaf area measurement of even tender leaves is possible by employing a transparent sheath for protection.
- Our most popular leaf area meter
- Precise and accurate
- Fast, non-destructive measurements
- Durable and lightweight
- Ideal for field use
- Stores over 8000 data points
- Download data to computer
- Non-destructive measurement and versatile
- Flattens curled leaves to provide precise measurements
- Measures area, length, width, and perimeter and calculates shape factor and aspect ratio
- High resolution of 0.01 cm²
- No calibration required
- Stores up to 8,000 single measurements
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and self-contained instrument with built-in data logger and LCD display
- Rechargeable battery
- Measures objects up to
- USB port transfers data to computer and charges the device
Theory of operation
The CI-202 directly measures length, width, area, and perimeter thru calculating ratio and shap factor after the measurement is completed.
Each time the control unit detects that the scanner has progressed 1 mm, the computer will check to see if the width reading is non-zero.
If the width measurement is non-zero, the computer takes the following actions:
The length measurement is increased by 1 mm.
The width measurement is added to the area accumulator.
If the width measurement is greater than the currently stored maximum width, the maximum width is updated.
How to use it
To measure a leaf, simply lift the transparent film, place the leaf on the board, and slide the scanner over the board. The CI-202 yields instant results for leaf area, length, width, perimeter, ratio, and shape factor measurements.
Non-destructive measurement may be performed while the leaf is still attached to the plant.
Over 8,000 data readings can be stored or transferred to a computer.
|Measuring Thickness||1.5 cm max|
|Measuring Width||15 cm max|
|Measuring Length||36 cm|
|Scanner||670 nm LASER|
|Accuracy||±1% for samples >10cm²|
|Memory Size||8,000 measurements|
|Display||16 characters × 2 lines LCD|
|Scanning Speed||200 mm / second|
|Battery||7.2 volt rechargeable NiMH|
|Battery Capacity||Over 250 scans per charge|
|Operating Temperature||0 -50°C|
What’s in the box
The CI-202 includes:
- Palette style scan board
- Laser scanner with built-in control unit
- Battery charger
- USB cable for data transfer
- Communication software
- One additional transparent film
- Operating manual
- Hard-shell instrument carrying case